Friday, January 29, 2010

Dry Pleurisy Running Doctor Says I Have Pneumonia - But I Think I Might Have Pleurisy?

Doctor says I have pneumonia - but I think I might have pleurisy? - dry pleurisy running

The only characters that I have pneumonia are chest pain and shortness of breath. No fever, chills, sweats, cough, sputum production. (I have a dry cough.)

However, I have never been a symptom of pleurisy, with the exception of the fever. Just seems to fit very well.

All the doctor listen to my breathing. I have a history of pneumonia and asthma. So I thought it was pneumonia by X-rays are terrible for you.

A doctor may be able to differentiate between pneumonia and pleurisy, without X-Ray?

3 comments:

Susan Yarrawonga said...

) Pleuritis is a common precursor of pneumonia so low with pleurisy (which is really bad), which turn into pneumonia (much worse could, but I hope that if it does not. I hope the doctor did wrong and not pleurisy and pneumonia.

Perhaps they need a second opinion from another doctor who is his history of pneumonia and asthma is not known.

RadTech - BAS RT(R)(ARRT) said...

X-rays are not "terrible" for you. Is that what your doctor told you? If so, I would be another doctor.

X-rays are an important diagnostic tool used to find out what is wrong with you, to get the right treatment.

EDIT: A couple of X-rays do not produce cancer in your life. It takes a lot longer to worrried. A radiograph of the chest, while the corresponding amount of radiation exposure they received from their natural habitat in 10 days.

Yes...you could be pregnant! said...

Pleurisy is a symptom of pneumoia .. pleursy pain is through the lining of the lungs, is caused, the pleura .. Thus pleruasy must have a cause .. Usually infection or pneumonia, but other things that sounds like u have pleurisy, pneumonia or an infection or who are treated with antibiotics

Post a Comment